Blackthorn Fishery

Tel: 07779 127796

The Rules at Blackthorn Fishery

Fishing and lake viewing is strictly by appointment only.

General

  • Fishing and lake viewing is by appointment only
  • 2 Rods March-October. 3 Rods November-February
  • No Litter please- take all litter home with you - this includes cigarette ends
  • No fish are to be introduced or taken off site, all fish remain the property of Blackthorn Fishery, removal of fish is deemed as theft and wil become a police matter- cctv footage wil be used as evidence. Please don't be aggrieved when asked to inspect your vehicle
  • No under 16s without an experienced fishing parent/guardian
  • No Tents or gazebos only angling bivvies permitted
  • No Dogs

    Care of fish

    • Rods must not be left unattended in the water (i.e. You must not be more than 1 swim away)
    • All anglers must use the unhooking mats, weigh slings, & landing nets provided by the fishery.  This stops disease being spread from other fisheries on contaminated fish care equipment. Under no circumstances can any other nets, retainers/slings or mats be brought on site.
    • Fish must always be transported from unhooking mats back to the water in slings provided (not in your arms)
    • When photographing fish please do so over an unhooking mat kneeling down/not standing
    • Please use carp antiseptic if necessary e.g. Klin-ik

    Tackle and Bait

    • Barbless hooks only flattened/filed barb not allowed. Rigs will be checked
    • No Keep nets or sacks allowed on site
    • Minimum strength line 15lb
    • No Zig fishing
    • No float fishing 
    • No braided main line (Braided hook link is fine)
    • No nuts of any sort to be used
    • No long curved shanked hooks fox series 5, long shank nailers etc.
    • No fixed leads
    • Rigs must be safe with the lead able to eject if the fish gets snagged
    • Korda style lead clips are acceptable, but the tail rubber must not be forced down to tight to prevent the lead ejecting

       

      Care and respect for other anglers

      • Radios are allowed but must be kept to a minimum so as neighboring anglers are not disturbed
      • No Alcohol, Drugs, swimming or fires
      • No bait boats or dinghies. Do not use the boat on site
      • Be courteous to others, antisocial behavior will not be tolerated
      • Please talk to other anglers, there is more than enough water for everyone

        Most common complaints by other anglers

        • Floodlights! 1 million candle power torches are not necessary, head torches are more than enough
        • When setting rods on alarms, please keep beeping to a minimum
            For 99% of us many of the above are common practice, so shouldn't restrict our fishing experience. For the other 1%, the venues Bailiffs have the right to remove any angler or guests immediately who fail to comply with any listed rules.

            Blackthorn Fishery accept no loss or damage to equipment or vehicles whilst on the premises.

            download_rules

             

             

             

            Blackthorn Fishery